At Riverton Primary we strive to create a school culture based on:
- Respect for all
- A school spirit that reflects the values of Aroha, tolerance, caring for each other and the environment and respecting and valuing differences
- Self responsibility for learning and behaviour
- Co-operation – the attitude and skills we use to work together, helpfulness, team-work (awhina)
- Being open to challenge to stretch our minds and bodies.
- Open communication that includes honesty with respect.
- Learning to be reflective and proactive.
- Riverton School recognises the cultural diversity of New Zealand/Aotearoa and the unique position of Maori culture in this area and in our country.